To get a clear understanding of the module, you can look through the list of its primary traits.
- Customize your reviews the name of the author and picture
- You can easily styles your recommendation text
- Easily position your date, Google icon
- Change color, size etc of your star rating
To explore more features, see our demo
How to create Google Places API key
- Go to your Google Console
- Click ‘Create Project’ or ‘Select Project’ button
- Create new project or select existing
- On the project page click ‘ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES’
- Type ‘Places API’ in the search area
- Select the first result ‘Places API’ and click ‘ENABLE’ button
- On the ‘Places API’ page select ‘Credential’ tab and ‘Create credential’ / ‘API key’ option
- Copy created API key, paste to this setting and save
How to find Google Place ID?
Google Reviews module requires the Google Places API key to display reviews of Google Places.
It is very easy to get the Google Place ID of your business:
Step 1 – Visit the link here.
Step 2 – Enter your business location. A location drop pin will display your Place ID.
Step 3 – Copy the Place ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and you will need to paste it in the widget under the Google Place ID.
I can’t connect my Google Place.
Please check that you correctly found the Place ID of your Google business. It should look like ChIJ3TH9CwFZwokRI…
Check it: how to find the Place ID of any Google business.
I have error messages about the Google API key.
Please make sure that you correctly created the Google Places API key with the Places API library and without any restrictions (IP or Referrer). It should look like AIzaSyB3k4oWDJPF
Got new reviews, but these do not show in the module.
The module can display what Google returns in their Places API. It is usually the 5 Most Helpful (not newest) reviews.